RE: Lesstif compilation problem and setup.exe

<snipped out your primary problem which I can't help with..>

> If you need a screen dump - let me know.  I can either try to capture
> the text itself (didn't work before but I can try again) or
> do a screen
> capture (found a nice on-line product).  Didn't want to post
> the screen
> capture.

See `man script`. Run this before doing your compile, and you'll begin a disk log of everything on your terminal.

Even if the process dies at the same as the others, it should have a record up until that point. If it's a reasonable size for posting, the general concensus is to post as an attachment so it doesn't generate false hits in the list archive searches..

For your primary concern, hopefully someone else will step up with real answers.  :-)

You might also attempt compiling & building a smaller package to triage "what" breaks your system (ie, try packaging bash and avoiding anything X-related).