NetworkSimplicity SSH (the cause of: bin dir not created during cygwin setup)

Jim Langston <res03lvq@gte.net> wrote:
> I have cygwin installed now, this is a follow up report, as promised,
> as to the mess I found in the registry.
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin1\mounts v2
>    Subkeys /bin /etc /ssh /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc /var
>   all set incorrectly off of:
>    e:\Program Files\NetworkSimplicity\

www.networksimplicity.com/openssh is distributing a cut down ssh/cygwin
environment. This is the cause of all these problems.

The don't seem to be providing the source to their distribution, or even
linking to cygwin.com (although they do mention the name cygwin).
:-(

Max.