re: ssh refuses to enter binmode (fwd)

Chris-

I'm writing as a user of another program whose behavior broke with
the new cygwin update (unison over ssh). I just wanted to pass on info
that I thought may be helpful to you when looking in to this for a more
permanent fix.

This problem looks exactly (from the user standpoint) like one that has
come and gone in the past.  Specifically, it was in some of the releases
prior to 1.3.12-1. You then fixed it in that release as per this change
comment to the announcement list
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2002-07/msg00002.html) :

> - Fix binmode/textmode problems with ssh and other programs which
> use pipes. (Christopher Faylor)

I don't know if the current breakage is related (sure looks that way to us
naive users!), but if it is, maybe this info can help you track it down.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

         -- dNb