Re: cvs executes illegal instructions

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:29:08 -0700 Steve Kelem <s_kelem@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Here's the actual output:
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Steve
>
> % which -a cvs
> -a: Command not found
> /usr/bin/cvs

I don't use csh or tcsh routinely, so I forgot they have an internal
command which.  My intent was to find out if you have another cvs command
somewhere in your path.  Cygwin's cvs at least appears to be the first in
line.

> % cvs commit
> cvs commit: Examining .
> cvs commit: Examining src
> cvs commit: Examining src/com
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem/database
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem/database/appl
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem/appl
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem/appl/palm
> cvs commit: Examining src/com/kelem/utils
> Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support
>
> Log message unchanged or not specified
> a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining
> dirs
> Action: (continue)a
> cvs [commit aborted]: aborted by user

I still don't see how the "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem" is being engaged.  All
your path directories appear to be on the local drive, are there any
symlinks for executables to other drives?  What is in your initialization
files (e.g., ~/.cvsrc)?

You have an old cygwin1.dll in C:\PalmDev\pilrc-2.8\.  That sometimes
causes problems with odd symptoms.  Make absolutely sure it is not in use
when you are running cvs.  Renaming it and rebooting might be worthwhile.
A newer set of Palm tools that uses a newer Cygwin (if available) would
also be a good idea.

Someone else will have to help you, I'm not any sort of CVS expert.

> % cygcheck -s
>
> Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Fri Sep 27 13:20:58 2002
>
> Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3

>         c:\home\kelem\bin\sh
>         C:\cygwin\usr\local\gnu\bin
>         C:\Java\jdk1.4\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\local\ant\jakarta-ant-1.5\bin
>         C:\home\kelem\src\java\SableCC\sablecc-2.17.3\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\jakarta-ant\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
>         C:\cygwin\bin
>         C:\cygwin\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\local\gnu\emacs-20.7\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
>         C:\PalmDev\pilrc-2.8
>         C:\PalmDev\ASDK\asdk1a1\bin
>         C:\PalmDev\Waba\wabasdk.10\bin
>         C:\cygwin\usr\etc
>
> SysDir: G:\WINNT\System32
> WinDir: G:\WINNT
>
> HOME = `c:\home\kelem'
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH =
> `\usr\local\gnu\mh\lib:\usr\local\gnu\lib:\usr\local\gnu\lib\rvplayer5.0:
> \usr\local\lib'
> MAKE_MODE = `unix'
> PWD = `/home/kelem/src/java/Real/rlpp'
> USER = `kelem'

I don't think LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being used for anything, but it seems odd
to for it to have '\'s in the POSIX paths.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html