Re: New gcc-3.1.1 Release - g77

Back in the Dark Days of 7/7/2000, Dockeen wrote:

It may be a while before he gets to it, he was up late last night
dealing with some schmuck, i.e. me.  :-)

I will be very interested in how GNAT works into this.  Although
some very nice people have sent me very nice directions as to
how to do the Ada bootstrap, I have avoided for some weird, fearful
reasons.

Here's what I tried, without success!

Installed binary kit GNAT ( gcc-2.7 ) from NYU. Note, this is a Windoze build, not Cygwin (AFAIK).
Point $CC and $CXX at the GNAT gcc, also put that dir at the head of my $PATH.

Try running configure & make bootstrap for gcc-3.2-1.

I'm not totally surprised that it failed, however I /am/ surprised at how and where. The 'C' and 'C++' and 'F77' builds went pretty well.
However, the Ada test in configure ( Testing whether gcc understands Ada .... no ). failed.

My first thought was "of course, it doesn't unerstand Cygwin paths." But, if that were true it should have failed completely on C, C++, and F77 as well.
SO, if Dockeen, or anyone, can point me in the direction of creating a bootstrap GNAT it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
--

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.