RE: re. problem report: gawk 3.1.1

Nicholas,

At 13:37 2002-09-11, you wrote:

--- Randall R Schulz <rrschulz@cris.com> wrote:
> Nicolas,

s/Nicolas/Nicholas/
Apologies. I confused your name with that of a "Nicolas" in another forum.

> There are those who find it rude to allow advertisements to be injected
> into your mail so that you can think of it as "free."

By what standards?  There's a whole hell of a difference between
plaintext ads and html/animatedgif/javascript bs.  You're missing the
point I fear...
I'm not missing a point, I'm making one.

Your unwillingness to pay for a service results in a cost borne by all the recipients of your messages. It's not the perceived degree of blatantness to which I object (I've become quite able to ignore all the flashing animated advertisements on Web pages, where I've come to expect them even if I don't like them). Rather, it's the injection of commercial messages into an otherwise non-commercial forum to which I object.

Cheers,
Nicholas

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA