Re: 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt

David.Rosenberg@ubsw.com wrote:
> Max
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.

No problem - but please keep replies on list. That way, they will be in the
archives, and may prove helpful to others later.

> The DISPLAY environment variable was set on my machine to :0.0 - I
> have removed the variable and rebooted the PC

OK. If, for any reason, you find that you need this set, you can invoke rxvt as
'rxvt -d :0' to override the env-var.

> I am trying to launch rxvt from a DOS command window, and now I am
> not getting the error message but the terminal window seem to come up
> and disappear immediately (actually just flickers)

It sounds like the shell program that rxvt is launching is dieing immedietely.
The env-var to look at is SHELL, and the command line override is 'rxvt -e
/bin/bash' (and you probably want to make that 'rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i' to
make sure your startup files are processed.

Max.