RE: cygwin and long filenames with spaces

Hi,

My experiments suggest both these contentions are correct, depending on how one interprets them.

If I type this:
ls -l /cygdr<TAB>

or this:
ls -l /cygdr<ALT-*>

(same as this:)
ls -l /cygdr<ALT-SHIFT-8>

There are no completions. The same goes for "/pro" in place of "/cygdr".

However, doing this:

ls -l /cygdrive/<ALT-*>

I get a listing of all my drives (modulo the bug the causes my C: drive to be omitted from /cygdrive). Likewise, this works for "/proc".

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 09:48 2002-08-12, news@garydjones.mailshell.com wrote:
On 09 Aug 2002, "John Morrison" <john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>> From: news@garydjones.mailshell.com

>> $ cd /cygdr<tab>
>> --
>> doesn't do what one might expect (i.e. it does not seem to
>> try  to complete the line).
>
> Tab completion only works with real directories.
> /cygdrive, /proc are virtual.

Fairy snuff.