Re: Program Options vs. cygwin env problem

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:12:01AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 06:50:00AM -0700, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
>>cygcheck output:
>>
>>Here are the contents of the "Program Options" registry key
>>
>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
>>  (default) = `glob tty notitle ntsec export'
>>
>>However, the same cygcheck gives the value of CYGWIN environment var as:
>>CYGWIN = `export glob ntsec title tty'
>>
>>This seems to be sticking somewhere weird... how do I unstick it??
>
>Either inspect the code and provide a fix for the "title" problem (I assume
>that is what you are complaining about) or just don't use "notitle".  That
>is the default.

I just checked in a fix for this.  It will be in the next snapshot.

Btw, when I say "it will be in the next snapshot" it seems like some people
are thinking that they just have to run setup.exe and this will magically
appear.  This is not what a snapshot is.  Go to the cygwin web page and
look for the word "Snapshots" to see what a snapshot might be.  You can
also find some messages in the archive for installing a snapshot dll.
Installing is pretty much common sense but then...

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .