Re: More on SSH problems....

On 5 Aug 2002 at 10:32, Corinna Vinschen
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 09:19:33PM -0700, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> > After some recompiling and debug output, I am
> > more baffled than ever.
> >
> > To recap, I am trying to log on to SSH via
> > localhost using a different user and DSA
> > authentication.  This user will get on just fine if
> > only an empty password is used.  Using DSA
> > authentication succeeds and the user is logged
> > on to the server with the motd printed, then the
> > server dumps the channel.  I can't figure this
> > out.
>
> I just checked and it works fine for me.  I have a setup
> where I can login using pubkey authentication to three
> accounts, my own (privileged), SYSTEM and an unprivileged
> user.  This works regardless if I login from another machine
> or from localhost.  Are you sure not having two Cygwin DLLs
> in the path or some such?

Thanks for your reply, Corinna!

I do, in fact, have two copies (both the same) of
Cygwin1.dll.  One is the proper one in /bin and
the other is in my chroot jail <chroot>/bin since
this is the only way I can give the user the
ability to do things like 'ls', etc.

Are you saying that this is what is killing me?
Why doesn't it die for empty passwords?  Is
there something in the pubkey authentication
that might be holding a reference open over the
chroot?  If this is true, then chroot upon SSH
login is impossible under Cygwin!