Just installed Cygwin

I just installed cygwin to be able to use perl, sed, grep and a few Unix
utilities on my Win XP Home Edition computer and I chose Unix file names
during the installation and I now see from
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC59> that I shouldn't have done that since
perl looks for aux.sh and Windows will hang up when looking for a filename
with com1, lpt1 or aux as root or extension.  And sure enough when I try
perl in the shell, it does hang.  So, do I need to delete everything and
reinstall from scratch?  Any other tips so I can avoid any other newbie-type
mistakes and wasting even more time.

Thanks,
-John

--
John Seeliger                     Once again the forces of good and niceness
                                         triumph over the forces of evil and