Re: Installation problem: Bash commands not working

On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 00:05:56 +0200 Juergen <Juggle4Evr@gmx.de> wrote:

> I installed Cygwin on my Windows ME system and the installation seemed to
> work. But when opening a bash window I found that commands like "ls", "rm",
> etc. do not work. The error message is: command not found.
>
> What's wentr wrong with the installation? Any ideas?

Did you use http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to install Cygwin?
The output from 'cygcheck -s' may help you figure out what happened.  "ls"
and "rm" are not bash commands, but executables in their own right.

Before you run setup.exe again, find and save setup.log.full, it may have
clues to what happened.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html