RE: GhostScript ps2pdf

--- James Peroulas <james.peroulas@ateliertelecom.se> wrote:
> Nicholas, it looks like I'm OK on that front:
>
> DESKTOP62 527: which ps2pdf
> /usr/bin/ps2pdf
> DESKTOP62 527: which ps2pdfwr
> /usr/bin/ps2pdfwr
>
> DESKTOP62 528: echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Compaq/Compaq
> Management

Agents/Dmi/Win32/Bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/

c/WINNT/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/matlab6p1/bin/win32:/usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdri
> ve/c/Utils/vim/vim60
>
> James

James,

Try running the "strace" command for debugging purposes.  Please see
"strace --help" or "man strace" for syntax and usage.  If you don't
understand what is going on with the output, please pipe it to an output
file and "bzip2 -9" it.  Send the output to the list to see if anyone can
recognize what's going on.

Before you do that, you might want to try a recent snapshot of the cygwin
dll at:

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Grab cygwin-inst-xxx.tar.bz2 and download to /.  Run "tar
--exclude=cygwin1.dll -jxvf cygwin-inst-xxx.tar.bz2" in your / directory.
You *MUST* do this in cygwin to ensure proper CR/LF modes and permissions.
 Then close all cygwin windows and applications.  Open
cygwin-inst-xxx.tar.bz2 in winrar or winzip.  Look in the /usr/bin
directory inside winrar/winzip for the file called cygwin1.dll.  Extract
this file to the "/bin" directory of wherever you installed cygwin.  In my
case that would be "C:\cygwin\bin".  Say yes to the dialogue asking if you
wish to replace the existing dll.  If it doesn't complain about replacing
the file, that means your archiver extraced paths, so you will have to see
where it extracted it to and move the file to the appropriate location.
Then restart cygwin bash or whatever method you use and try running ps2pdf
again.  Good Luck!

Cheers,
Nicholas