Re: Control-O not working in Pico When telneting

THANKS!! Eduardo.  I like it... Hey, I think it is just as fast to type
double ESC-o.

Sent by:        chappa@lisa-9h0z9d2lo0
To:     Jeff Rozycki <JROZYCKI@ebmail.gdeb.com>
cc:     cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject:        Re: Control-O not working in Pico When telneting

*** Jeff Rozycki (JROZYCKI@ebmail.gdeb.com) wrote today:

:) When I telnet to a remote host (Cygwin/bash) and run Pico, Control-O
:) (save contents but don't exit Pico) does not work.

As a general rule, when a CTRL- key does not work in Pine or Pico, it
means that someone (e.g. the operating system) ate the key stroke before
it got to Pico/Pine. Pico provides a workaround, just press
"ESC ESC o". It's not beautiful, but it works.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/