RE: cygwin mentors? Was: bash and the suid bit

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Heribert Dahms wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> if it's that important for your company's project
> (that you work like me 50% of each 25h day 8-)
> why don't you pay Red Hat per hour or day,
> so Corinna or Chris work for you in their prime time?

Hi Heribert,

Yes, that's a reasonable suggestion. I haven't read much of Chris' posts,
but Corinna has written a lot of posts with 'suid' in them and I've read a
lot of those. Clearly, she's a sharp cookie, and it would be a privilege
to have her working on code for me. However, I think she and her present
management would object to the terms of the employment contract! If she
got the same deal as I have, she'd have to work 16+ hour work days, every
day (no weekends, holidays, vacation, sick time), barely any pay, and
would be expected to write bug-free code! -smile-

Another consideration is feasibility: How close is the code already? And,
if it's not very close, are there good alternatives for what I want to do?

Please see my next post...

Thanks for your suggestion,
Richard

--