Re: 1.4 To 1.10 : cygwin1.dll Bug on NT 4.0 ?

>It's not at all clear where your problem is.  However there are
>several factors to consider:
>
>    1. The issue is with a cross-compiler not provided by Cygwin

Yes. That's why, I didn't expect anything else than an idea of the origin of
the bug.

>    2. As near as I can tell, the problem you see results when you
>move from an earlier version of the cross-compiler to a later version

Strictly speaking this is not true:
The compiler version can stay the same; if you overwrite cygwin1.dll (and
nothing else) with an old version, it works fine.

>    3. The problem occurs on only 1 machine
I have heard other persons which have the same problem on NT machines. It
seems to be a general problem on NT machines with this cross-compiler.

>    4. There is a general lack of detailed information which makes it
>unlikely that others will be of much help in this matter

>I think you're going to need to investigate this issue further before
>it will be fruitful to get others involved. Specifically, I'd suggest
>concentrating on why you see different results on the system with the
>problem.
I will investigate the changes of the 1.3.2-1 versions to newer versions,
since it is the newest which works.

>That sounds like some kind of configuration problem to me. If
>your search turns up something Cygwin specific, you'll want to report
>it here.  Otherwise, you want to report your findings to the
>maintainer of the cross compiler.
Ok.
I have posted here since it works on Win NT 4.0 only if I use older version
of cygwin. No matter the version of the compiler. that's why I have supposed
a bug in cygwin, and I wanted your opinion.