Re: ipc-daemon doen't start as service on boot on my Windows 2000 server

Roland Glenn McIntosh wrote:

 > If you can, please help. I made sure that: - my /bin directory
 > (C:\cygwin\bin) is in your system PATH (e.g. set for the entire
 > system from the My Computer properties) (Chuck msg 9/2001)
 >
 > - The PATH is set correctly (Kurt msg 9/2001)  Just for kicks i
 > copied cygwin1.dll to C:\WINNT too

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't DO that.

 > - The "Path to executable" in my service properties is listed as:
 > C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\ipc-daemon.exe "--service"
 >
 > - I read /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README carefully
 >
 > - It works fine with "net start ipc-daemon", just doesn't start
 > without an error on boot.  The error is a timeout error and the
 > follow up error is generic and something like "At least one service
 >  failed to start."  In the event log I see the timeout and "the
 > service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
 >  fashion."  It also works fine starting it from the service manager
 >  manually.

Sounds like ipc-daemon needs for some other service to be running before
it is able to work properly -- I wasn't aware of any service
dependencies, but the symtoms sure sound like it.

--Chuck