Cygwin and networking issues (Win2k)

I'm having a really odd problem.  I use Cygwin all over the place just
fine.  However, I have a Win2000 PC at home on a cable modem that loses
network connections (SecureCRT and others) left and right when Cygwin is
in use.

All my debugging techniques (process of elimination, etc) all point to
Cygwin use.  However that just doesn't sound right to me.  I'm sure that
the problem is elsewhere (how could Cygwin cause this?) but I thought
I'd post a message to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks,

--Tom