Re: Telneting/ftping to cygwin

  I downloaded all of the Cygwin stuff Friday, and went through hell
trying to get the inetd stuff to work.  Win2k, SP2, had set CYGWIN, PATH,
and the registry stuff, rebooted, etc ...

  Searching the archives showed a lot of folks having the same problems
:  telnetd would start and end immediately.  Running it standalone with
debug 'might' work.

   Well, I am pleased to say that I finaly got it working.  It turns
out that the server that I downloaded it from had an older release of
the inetutils package, 1.3.2-16.  Once I located and installed the 1.3.2-17,
it worked the 1st time !
   One other note :  Using the M$ provided telnet from Win2k to another
Win2k box with Cygwin will cause double linefeeds when you hit the <CR>,
like at login.  Makes it real difficult to get logged in.  8-) If you
use a <CTL-J>, it works as expected.  Solution ?  Use the Cygwin telnet
client.

--
Rick Calder