RE: Help to link a prog static with libcurl, libssl and libcrypto.

Yes, CURL builds as pure win32, using (surprise) mingw. I don't
know any details on setting this up, but you can probably find
some info at http://curl.haxx.se/, or try the curl mailing list
(curl@haxx.se). The porting to remove reliance on POSIX APIs
has (to my knowledge) already been done; however, since Cygwin
supports POSIX, and since the win32 version of curl.exe doesn't
really care for posix path spec (e.g. have to translate /usr/...
to/from C:\cygwin\usr\... style when using win32 version of curl),
the cygwin version of curl (including all libraries) expects to
find cygwin1.dll...

> too in which case you may be able to switch over to that without
> too much pain.  Alternatively, you can try building this without
> the '-mno-cygwin' flag, although you'll link in cygwin1.dll for
> sure then.

Correct. This works fine for me. Statically or dynamically.