changing the working directory from a c program

Hi all,

I'm aware that this is a troublesome issue and hard to do on all
platorms (Win32, various Unix's) but I'm asking anyway :)

Under Cygwin, is there any way for a C program to change the current
working directory of the shell that executed it?  My best bet so far
is to wrap the C program in a script.

Thanks,
Wade Brainerd
www.wadeb.com