Re: "local install"?

Chuck,

I cannot get setup.exe to permit multiple selection of mirrors, so how is
this magical seamless multi-mirror integration achieved? Can it be done
without running setup.exe more than once? If not, what's the advantage over
separate download and install?

Furthermore, why doesn't the multi-mirror technique, however effected, work
for separated download and install, too?

Lastly, am I correct in believing that if one wants to download anything
but not install it (source, e.g., or packages used by some at one's site
but not by all) that separate download and install is the only way to
accomplish this?

It still seems to me that control freaks are going to do as I do: Separate
download and install.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA