Excessive packages installed by default

It used to be when ever I install a fresh copy of cygwin, I selected the
minimal applications I wanted then ran setup.exe a second time and let it
catch any dependencies and updates.  This worked fine for many installs
until recently.  The last time few times I did this, numerous other
packages acted like they wanted to be installed.  Not knowing why, and
assuming they need to be installed, I just proceed as normal.

 From what I can tell, it installed over 30 more packages and they consumed
around 65 MB.  I also noticed that most of these "extra" packages were in
the "Misc" category.  Is there a reason why suddenly all these other
packages are wanting to install?  Is there a way to skip those without
knowing which ones are needed because of dependency issues?

rotaiv.