Re: 1.3.9: running lynx gives error about cygintl.dll not found

Ernie Soffronoff wrote:

> I'm only an occasional user, so I hope this isn't a user-training issue
> vs. a real bug, but here goes...
>
> If I try to run lynx, I get a box (looks like it's from Windows) saying:
>
> lynx.exe - unable to local component
> This application has failed to start because cygintl.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>
> I reinstalled (reran setup, set everything to reinstall) but it still
> didn't find it. Looking at cygcheck's output, it looks like the DLL is
> really there.  Is there a more aggressive version of reinstalling that I
> should try?

No, it's not there (Note that cygintl-1.dll is not the same as
cygintl.dll). To find which package you're missing follow the
instructions outlined in this mail:

Reinstalling should be enough, setup.exe should know which packages lynx
depends on and also install them. Ahhh lynx is missing a setup.hint 8-(
http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/contrib/lynx/

And setup.ini includes only:
@ lynx
sdesc: "Text-mode WWW Browser"
category: Web
requires: cygwin zlib
version: 2.8.4-1
install: contrib/lynx/lynx-2.8.4-1.tar.bz2 1262804
source: contrib/lynx/lynx-2.8.4-1-src.tar.bz2 1941539

$ cygcheck lynx
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\lynx.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\lynx.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygintl.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygncurses5.dll
  C:\WINNT\System32\USER32.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\GDI32.DLL

Use -h to see help about each section

So it's missing a "requires" for both cygintl.dll and cygncurses5.dll.
You should find out who is mantaining lynx and ask her to upload an
up-to-date setup.hint" file for lynx. Or even better write one yourself
and offer to mantain lynx 8-)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn