Re: inetd utilities startup

Dave,

You say that you put Cygwin's bin directory in your PATH variable, but you
did not say whether you put it in the system-wide PATH (the lower list of
variables in the System control panel's environment display) or that of the
current user (at the time you added it)--the upper list in the environment
variable display. In order for services to find a binary or DLL, it must be
in the system-wide PATH.

Don't use quotes when setting environment variables in the System control
panel.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA