Re: dll

I tried this question a few days ago... no bites.  Is there
a better place I can ask about it, or read about DLL's or
something.

Really, I figure it's a conflict between cygwin1.dll's
filehandles and some other DLL that foxpro is loading...

Ever heard of file handle issues in any other DLL?

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:00:02AM -0500, Jettero Heller wrote:

> I'm attempting to write a dll that gives some TCP support to
> FoxPro.
>
> FoxPro is pretty antiquated... it's been challenging. ;)
>

> I got to a place where my dll loads up fine from a .exe, but
> if foxpro tries to use it, it sagfaults:
>
> VFP caused an invalid page fault in
> module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff7b9a6.
>
> The line that causes the sagfault appeared to be a harmless
> int sfd = socket() call.  *ponder*
>
> I had done a few other cygwin1.dll calls (sprintf, strcpy,
> and so on); and theorized that it had something to do with
> the file handle.
>

> I did a similar int fd = open() call.  It worked from my
> .exe load of the .dll, but crashed with foxpro.
>

> I believe the problem is that foxpro is linked against a
> .dll that clashes with the cygwin1.dll ... or something
> like that.
>

> Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.
> --

If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
17 jumps from a c182.  Roughly 142 seconds of free fall.