rxvt and text output problems

Hello everybody,

I recently installed cygwin 1.3.6 (including rxvt 2.7.2) on my w2k
machine. I run tcsh in the rxvt and everything works fine, except that
rxvt doesn't show all the output of some of command line programs which
come with w2k.
Examples are ftp and telnet. If I use winnt/system32/ftp it doesn't
display "username" and "password" and also the welcome text doesn't
appear. If I use tcsh (or bash) in a normal dos command window ftp and
telnet work fine.
I searched through the recent postings but couldn't find anything
appropriate.

Any idea what might be the problem ?

Many thanks,

                       Axel