Re: A real fork() on NT

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:27:21PM -0800, Greg Mosier wrote:
>P.S.  I would have dropped this awhile back with the exception of the cron
>application.  It appears to fork quite nicely under Win98, my OS.  Now maybe
>I'm wrong here, but seems to me if one app can fork that surely another
>should be able to, no?

Cygwin fork works just fine.  It's slow but it should work as well as UNIX
fork for a ported application.  The only exception that I can think of is
if you use dlopen to load a non-cygwin DLL.  In that case there is a problem
with relocation of the DLL after a fork.

If you consider the number of applications that have been ported to cygwin,
it would be pretty amazing if there was some basic problem with fork.

cgf