From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Andrew DeFaria
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:00 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Why not a news server?

Why not simply set up a news server instead of this mail list. I find
the mail list deficient in several areas. First and foremost it's noisy
causing me to wade through all this email for topics I'm interested in.
Secondly there's no easy or convenient way to response to individual
issues (I get a digest of cygwin stuff emailed to me). Seems to me that
nntp was designed specifically for such communications and a number of
companies have set up news servers for such things.

Finally a number of times I receive a digest speaking of topics and
articles but the email message is apparently truncated and the bodies of
these articles are missing.

Comments? (I'm sure there will be some).