Re: security.cc: bug report, question and suggestion

At 11:26 AM 1/30/02 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:32:06PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>I think you're right that we should always look for the SID in
>/etc/passwd at that point.  The problem is exactly the startup of
>cygrunsrv with no CYGWIN setting in the system environment.  I'm
>so used to having the usual "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty" in my system
>environment that I'd never seen that problem.
>
>> The attached uinfo.diff file implements solution 4.
>> It also does not set primary group in the token (useless).
>
>No, it's not useless.  If this process starts non-Cygwin processes
>this processes will set the users primary group given in /etc/passwd

Good point!

>However, I have some problems with your patch to uinfo.cc.
>
>- It eliminates the opening brace at line 130 but it eliminates an
>  unrelated closing brace at line 193.  The corresponding closing
>  brace would be in line 212.  Is that planned - and if so, why -
Oops, I intended just what you write. See next for a lame excuse.

>- The formatting isn't correct anymore after eliminating the braces.
I saw that, but my editor is not setup for your tab settings and for
your C indent style. You probably wouldn't like it if I were to apply
my style. Do you have a standard setup, e.g. for emacs?

>Could you please resubmit your patch with these changes to the
>cygwin-patches mailing list?  And would you mind to send a copyright
>assignment form as described on http://cygwin.com/contrib.html?

The fix involves deleting 3 lines and 1 word. Rather than exchanging
diff files that you will need to apply and review anyway, wouldn't
it faster for both of us if you were to apply the change directly
(not to mention fiddling my editor style)? Similarly I thought that
only "significant" changes needed a copyright form (I'll send one if
Red Hat really needs it!).

Pierre