RE: Can't create new file/directory

An update, I removed cygwin.  Deleted all files not removed.  Rebooted.
Reinstalled from a different ftp location.  Same problem.  I am denied
permission for creating a new file or directory within cygwin on my
local drives.  If I cd to a drive mapped on another computer I can add
files.  As mentioned, the permissions both in Cygwin and in NT should be
allowing me to add files.

Another weird thing that may be a clue, after I installed cygwin many
files that were not touched were somehow changed to being owned by
5176.None   Of course the first thing I did after having this problem
was try changing the owner to administrator.None, tournear.None
tournear.Administrators etc etc...

Any help?  Thanks,

Derek