Re: How do i upgrade to gcc 3.X on cygwin?

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 17:20, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> I have been able to build 3.x under cygwin when I just specify the C and
> C++ languages (see ./configure --help for info on how to do this). As I
> recall, it failed in the Fortran build. I didn't bother trying to figure
> out why as all I wanted was C & C++.

Any of the libraries for g++, g77, or objc may fail to build if you don't
clean out their build directories, as well as doing a make clean, when
starting over.  The configure option --enable-languages='c++,f77,objc,gcov'
in place of David's --disable-libgcj will get you all the pieces which work
out of the box on cygwin.  There are a few lines to fix in cygwin's
target.exp if you want to run the test suite, which you can do with cygwin's
dejagnu, except for the g++ libraries.  The special dejagnu for the g++
libraries is not easily found.