Re: Scripting Installs? missing setup.hints

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> Create a setup.ini on a local web server describing your software. Read
> http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html. Add the appropriate requires: line to
> your local setup, which will drag in the needed packages from the normal
> cygwin mirror sites.

I'm trying something slightly different. I have a mirror of all the
packages so that installs are over the LAN. I want to generate a setup.ini
for all those packages, but it looks like there are many missing
setup.hints. Is this on purpose? Is this the responsibility of the package
maintainers? How is the central setup.ini generated? How could one roll
their own?

Thanks for your support. Let's get them hooked on those snazzy GNU apps!

Mike Adler

appendix A:

latest/texinfo/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/tcltk/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/ash/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/bash/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/clear/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/cpio/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/crypt/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/cygrunsrv/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/diff/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/fileutils/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/findutils/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/gperf/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/grep/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/groff/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/less/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/login/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/patch/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/tar/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/termcap/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/time/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/binutils/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/flex/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/gdb/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/m4/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/mt/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/opengl/setup.hint: No such file or directory
latest/sed/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/cron/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/lynx/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/perl/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/ssmtp/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/ghostscript/setup.hint: No such file or directory
contrib/irc/setup.hint: No such file or directory