Getting line ending conversion (crlf <-> lf) in cygwin cvs?

Platform: CygWin 1.3.2, CygWin/XFree86 4.1.0, Win2k

I installed cygwin with default text type "Unix".

This is what is recommended by the cygwin/xfree86 User's Guide:
	<http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-installing.html>
(item 7, in the list in the above URL).

So what I'm wondering now, is:

 1. is it possible to make cygwin CVS do line ending translation,
    without changing the default text type for all of cygwin?

 2. is it possible to change the default line ending for a cygwin
    installation, without reinstalling cygwin?

 3. will changing the default line ending convention for cygwin
    interfere with cygwin/xfree86?  I assume the choice is in the
    User's Guide for a reason?  Will it help that I'm not running any
    cygwin native X clients?  I'm using XDMCP to log in to linux boxes

Thanx!

- Steinar