Re: Scripting Installs?

On 11:58 AM 1/29/2002 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Have you looked into the setup.exe sources?

No I have not. I'm not much of a programmer :)

>There is obviously no "scripting" available for setup.exe beyond the
>setup.ini file.  There is nothing stopping you from generating your own
>version of this, however.  The format is documented at the cygwin web
>site.

hmm will check it again. I just saw a lot of docs that tell you what you
need to add your own packages, and hadn't really read over them. Will give
it another shot :)

>There is no way currently to avoid having setup.exe access the cygwin
>site for updates to setup.ini, if that is what the user asks it to do.
>The primary purpose of setup.exe is to install a complete cygwin
>distribution.  I don't really see any reason to change this behavior but
>you can certainly modify setup to fit your needs.

Well 39 meg to run ssh is a bit much, even by Windows-standards (grin), but
I will play with your last suggestion and see what I need to get just ssh
running. (Which is really all our sales guys need) :)

Thanks!
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator