From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen [mailto:janneke@gnu.org]
Sent: 29 January 2002 10:29
To: hin-tak.leung@idl-bt.com
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: New on sourceware: texmf-20000804-2

hin-tak.leung@idl-bt.com writes:

> I have been using 20001218-1 for quite a while now ...  but I have
> always had problems with having to set some environment variables.

Did you install any of the texmf-tiny or texmf-base packages?

> It is currently fully functional including typesetting CJK
> documents, but it bugs me that I have to set TEXMFMAIN because I did
> not need to do that when I was in my good old linux years... Any
> ideas?

Return to Linux, and enjoy many more of those good years?
[Hmm, wrong list ;-)]
Do you have a (sane) config file:

    /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

If not, please reinstall texmf-tiny or texmf-base.

[SNIP 100 useless lines]

Greetings,
Jan.

--