From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen [mailto:janneke@gnu.org]
Sent: 28 January 2002 21:05
To: cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
Subject: New on sourceware: texmf-20000804-2

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that teTeX's TeX Directory Structure (aka the
texmf tree) has been packaged and is available for download.  This
release matches the latest tetex-beta packages (20001218-3 or -4).

This is the first experimental release.

As the full texmf tree is quite big (>30MB), it's packaged in three
parts, texmf-base, texmf-doc, and texmf-extra.

After installing tetex-beta and texmf-base, you should have a
functioning TeX setup.  Add texmf-extra to get a complete TeX
installation.  There's an additional package: texmf-tiny, that
provides a very small, but functional texmf tree.

For a brief description of what these packages are and what they
contain, see http://cygwin.com/packages/ .

To update your installation, click on the ``Install Cygwin now'' link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

You find the TeX packages in catagory `Text', and because this is an
experimental release, you should select Exp(erimental) in order to get
to see them.

Note:
  * These packages depend on tetex-beta-20001218-4 for full operation.
  * If you install by hand, run /etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.
  * If you have MiKTeX or fpTeX installed, please be sure to remove any
    custom TEXINPUTS, MFINPUTS VARTEXFONTS etc. environment settings
    that contain DOS style paths.
  * TeX cannot handle spaces in file names.  If your $HOME contains
    spaces, you may need to run tex from another cwd, eg, /tmp.
  * LaTeX cannot handle letters with accents in file names.  If your
    $HOME contains spaces or non-ASCII characters, you may need to run
    latex from another cwd, eg, /tmp.

See also:
    /usr/doc/Cygwin/texmf-20000804-2.README

We do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) due
to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need to find a
mirror which has this update.

In the US,
    ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In Germany,
    ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/ is
usually pretty good.

In the UK,
    http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin@cygwin.com .  I would appreciate it if you
would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  If you
do email me directly, any answer will be sent to the mailing list:
cygwin@cygwin.com.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

If you need to unsubscribe from cygwin-announce or any other mailing
list, reading the instructions at the above URL is guaranteed to
provide you with the info that you need.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter