Re: RPC and NFS port for cygwin

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:23:24PM +0800, Rico Juinio wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> I am trying to get a SUNRPC package for cygwin together.  However when I
> read the license packaged with the original sources, it seems I cannot
> distribute it.  I tried to e-mail to Sun (nfsnet@sun.com as named in the
> license) to ask for an exemption but my e-mail came back (user unknown).  Do
> you or anyone else know of anyone who can get me in touch with Sun about
> this issue?

You're talking about the "Users may copy or modify Sun RPC without charge,
but are not authorized to license or distribute it to anyone else except
as part of a product or program developed by the user." part, right?

Do we actually need an exemption?  Sun RPC is even part of glibc.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.