Re: cannot allocate >256 MB?

At 00:31 2002-01-28, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm having trouble with a perl script under cygwin/perl that uses a lot
>of memory.
>
>Cygwin seems to blow up when allocating >256 MB.

>(Does cygwin really have a limit of 256 MB!?!? Wouldn't that make it
>kind of a toy?)

Don't be rude and don't look open source gift horses in the mouth! (Look
them in their registry entries.)

Yes, Cygwin has such a limit. It is a parameterized limit and you can
change that parameter.

This has been discussed on this list repeatedly and the last time the topic
came up, just a couple of weeks ago, someone was kind enough to quote an
earlier posting which supplied the answer.

I'm not in the mood, at the moment, to do the same.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USSA