Re: lgamma function not available with -mno-cygwin

On Sunday 27 January 2002 15:20, William D. Kirby wrote:
> I'm working with the beta cvs version of GNUPLOT. The X11 version
> compiles and tests fine using CYGWIN v1.3.9-1 build, but I get an error
> message testing the WIN32 version (i.e., -mno-cygwin). The gnuplot
> generated error message during testing says that libc does not contain
> the lgamma function.
>
> I would assume that the WIN32 and X11 versions would have equally
> capable libc libraries. I attempted to use the math lib -lm, but got a
> run time error that it could not find cygwin1.dll.
>
> Is there a work around, and could the WIN32 build be missing lgamma for
> some reason?
Surely the gnuplot people have run into this with more than one target.  The
lgamma function is not a standard libm function, so its existence can't be
counted upon.  The library employed by cygwin is newlib, also out of the
sphere of influence of cygwin, thus OT.