RE: SSHD Problems

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:59:32AM +0000, tuukka@maljonen.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed Cygwin to WinNT and tried to start sshd. I got this
following
> message:
>
> $ sshd -D -d -d
> debug1: Seeding random number generator
> /etc/sshd_config line 49: Deprecated option CheckMail
> debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.9.9p2
> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
> Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
> Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
> sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.
>
> I have installed Cygwin and sshd to another computers exactly the same way,
but
> now sshd doesn't start. I've checked that permissions are the same
in "working
> sample".
>
> What's wrong, any ideas?

Create host keys on the new machine.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

Hi!

I created new host keys:
________

$ ssh-host-config -y
Generating /etc/ssh_config file
Generating /etc/sshd_config file

Do you want to install sshd as service?

Which value should the environment variable CYGWIN have when
sshd starts? It's recommended to set at least "ntsec" to be
able to change user context without password.
Default is "binmode ntsec tty".  CYGWIN=
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 1073:
The specified service already exists.

Host configuration finished. Have fun!

_____

Event viewer:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) could not be found. It
contains the following insertion string(s): sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0xB2 :
Cygwin Process Id = 0xB2 : `sshd' service stopped.

_______

I have tried to remove service but it still says:
_____

The specified service already exists.... How can I remove cygwin totally from
my NT?? I removed all (possible) "Cygwin stuff" with regedit.

_____

I have installed this cygwin + putty -environment to many computers same way
and most of them works fine but some of pc's do this same error.

-Tuukka