Re: [GENERAL] Problems with initdb on Cygwin

Hi Rick,

Thanks heaps for the offer.  :)

One of our users Joerg kindly pointed out a solution (and when tested,
it solved the problem).

It seems there's a lack of info about needing cygipc to be installed
when installing cygwin.

Would it be possible to add something about it to the cygwin FAQ?  It's
possible PostgreSQL is the only one affected, but I'm not sure.

Again, thanks heaps for the positive response.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>

Rick Rankin wrote:

> I can build it for them, but I don't have a way to make it available to them.
> If someone can provide a site for them to get it from, I'll do the build. What
> options to configure, other than --enable-debug, do you need?
>
> --Rick
> --- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 11:41:32AM -0000, Stephano Mariani wrote:
> > >If you have visual studio, it includes a subset of the debugging
> > >symbols for windows.  Install those!
> >
> > Can't someone just provide them with what they are asking for???
> >
> > If they had a debugging version of postgress, they'd be able to
> > get at least a somewhat decipherable backtrace.
> >
> > Their request makes sense to me.  Isn't there anyone out there who
> > can help the postgres team?
> >
> > cgf

   - Indira Gandhi