Re: sh-utils: "su" patch for use with ntsec..

Ah -- but "su" is *supposed* to be part of the "sh-utils" package -- but
it was ripped out because it doesn't (yet) work on cygwin.  I'd view
this post as a "here's a patch for the sh-utils package".  Which,
incidentally, DOES belong on the cygwin@cygwin.com list -- but not on
the cygwin-apps@cygwin.com list (although confusion is possible, I
suppose, since "sh-utils" IS a cygwin package).  The relevant description:

"for packaging discussing issues regarding applications that are
distributed with the Cygwin DLL. ... This list is intended for
discussing solutions. It is not for "bug reports" or "it would be nice"
type of musings. Use the main cygwin mailing list for that."

So, patches from non-maintainers -- even for existing cygwin packages --
belong on the main list, not cygwin apps.

Having said that, it's up to the current maintainer of sh-utils to
evaluate this contribution...

--Chuck