OT: gdb, cygwin & WINE

Ok, call me sick. I've a reason (really).

My goal: to be able to use gdb, hosted on linux | wine, debugging
binaries potentially linked against cygwin1.dll running under WINE.

Why? Speed. linux is sooo much faster, that I am much more efficient
there, but my emulated win9x vpc is far to slow. Building on NT is just
a pain - build, quit all tools, replace cygwin, start them up again,....

And the multiple-cygwin approach isn't that friendly (for me).

Anyway, not being a gdb internal afficiondo, I thought I'd ask here,
where there's a chance I won't get laughed at, before hitting the gdb
lists :}.

Specific questions:
Can gdb hosted on linux, utilise the win32 debugging API or does it need
to be a win32 hosted gdb to do that?
If the latter, does anyone have experience with WINE's support for the
win32 debugging api?

Cheers,
Rob