Re: cygcheck ... >/dev/clipboard doesn't work

This is confusing, though. I could swear that I had just used the command

$cygcheck -sv  >/dev/clipboard

yesterday, before upgrading. I pasted the output into a new document in my text editor and then saved
it to the disk after looking at it for a while.

I am using Cygwin on: Windows 98 SE Ver 4.10 Build 2222.

I think it used to work under a version of Cygwin that was current several months ago (that I had until
yesterday):

    Cygwin DLL version info:
        dll major: 1003
        dll minor: 3
        dll epoch: 19
        dll bad signal mask: 19005
        dll old termios: 5
        dll malloc env: 28
        api major: 0
        api minor: 46
        shared data: 3
        dll identifier: cygwin1
        mount registry: 2
        cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        program options name: Program Options
        cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
        cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
        cygdrive default prefix:
        build date: Wed Sep 12 23:54:31 EDT 2001
        shared id: cygwin1S3

Something else is different to. I was lucky enough (and with me it IS a big matter of luck when these
things don't totally knock me down) to figure out that I was getting frequent "out of memory"
messages from Cygwin because I was running a Windows app named "Clip-O-Matic" (as you might
guess it is one of the umpteen million clipboard extender utilities out there; I think this was a freebie
from the ZD site). So I'll mention it here (without expecting anybody to try to figure out why this big
change in Cygwin's behavior) just in case some reader searches the archives later for a clue when they
run into the same trouble.

My current Cygwin (updated yesterday):
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.3.9
        DLL epoch: 19
        DLL bad signal mask: 19005
        DLL old termios: 5
        DLL malloc env: 28
        API major: 0
        API minor: 51
        Shared data: 3
        DLL identifier: cygwin1
        Mount registry: 2
        Cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        Cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        Program options name: Program Options
        Cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        Cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
        Cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
        Cygdrive default prefix:
        Build date: Mon Jan 21 12:48:41 EST 2002
        Shared id: cygwin1S3

On 18 Jan 2002 at 3:02, Charles Wilson wrote:

> It's in the cygutils package.
>
> Also, this will work (by using a cygwin program as an intermediary):
>
> cygcheck .... | cat > /dev/clipboard

   Best,
     Soren Andersen