RE: How to make g++ link with QT (a microsoft compatible library) on x86

> Hi
> Is there a g++ switch for linking with foreign libraries?
>
> Under Windows 2000, using g++, I am trying to link with QT,
> which is released only for Microsoft Visual C++.
> I get the error-messages shown below. Supposing this caused by
> incompatibilities between g++ and Visual C I am searching for
> a switch or something to cope with it. Is g++ that clever?
> Please don't tell me to recompile g++ with Visual C++...

Trolltech does not provide a free g++ compatible version of qt. If you like to link a win32 native qt library you
have to buy it from trolltech.

currently you can compile only the x11 release of qt with g++, which you can find under the download area of
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net.

This is used to enable kde1/2 application on cygwin and xfree86 on windows.

Regards

Ralf Habacker