Re: Not compatible between cygwin-B20 and cygwin-2.125.2.10

I am not the sole source of wisdom in the list.  Please address your
questions there.  I have forwarded my response to the list.

When I view this message (Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp")
all the backslashes I paste from the bash console window show up as yen
symbols.

On the other hand, the command worked as I expected.  The following three
lines, starting with "$", are cut and pasted from my console window.  The
first line under the command is what I typed in and the second line is the
output (STDIN -> sed -> STDOUT).  Maybe you have varying characters for "'"
or "-" in the sed expression.

$ sed -e 's-\\-/-g'
\\\\\\\
///////

My environment:
   MS Windows XP
   ash                 20011018-1
   bash                2.05a-2
   cygwin              1.3.7-1
   sed                 3.02-1
   I run bash in a console window using the icon created by setup.exe.  You
don't seem to have rxvt loaded, so you are probably doing the same.

=== Late news ===
I get the same error you do when I try to run sed at the MSDOS prompt..  Use
the bash prompt instead when you want to use Cygwin utilities.  It's a much
more consistent and reliable environment.

--
Mac :})