System API problem

Hi,

  I am using cygwin 1.3.6 to compile the unix sources,
and use those executables on Win NT. I am getting
Strange error when running my application.
  I am using system API inside my application to
execute commands. This is Sample Test program

test.cpp:

 main()
{

int status=system("diff t1.tct t2.txt");
cout<<staus;

}

I compiled this in cygwin. I got test.exe. When i run
test.exe from msdos prompt, it is printing 127. That
means system api is returning error code as 127 it is
equivalent to (ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND).
 I copied cygwin1.dll to c:\winnt\system32.  system
API has been defined in this cygwin1.dll. when i run
this executable from dosprompt why it is not able to
locate procedure system eventhough cygwin1.dll in
path. Anybody faced such problem.  i have tried with
different commands with in the system API. Same error
code 127. What is the problem. can i have any solution
for this problem.

- Bandla

=====