Re: "RTFM'ing": readily accessible user documentation?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
> Should setup.exe *refuse* to install a file called "/usr/info/dir" --
> just to keep us safe?  Or is that setting a bad precedent?  [Or maybe
> upset can "lint" the packages on sourceware, and refuse to add
> foo-1.2.tar.gz to setup.ini if it contains a proscribed file like
> /usr/info/dir]

On my personal TODO list is a command line unix package linter.
Setup.exe may some mechanism to manage state data - /etc/foo.cfg,
/usr/info/dir etc, but I think a simpl solution to catch 99% of cases is
the package linter. And yes, it should refuse to add the package, and
email the maintainer (IMO).

Rob