no output from net.exe

When I am logged into my windows machine via ssh, I cannot redirect
the output of the command net.exe into a file, nor capture the output
in an array (within a perl script).

On the other hand, executing `net.exe group >> zzz` from the cygwin
bash shell, and from windows' command.com, works just as expected.

I have written to this list in the past (regarding this topic), but
the response I was given is that this is a "feature" of the program
net.exe (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-10/msg01490.html), and to
overcome this problem, I should start my ssh session via inetd, after
applying a particular patch:

I have started ssh via inted, but it's incredibly slow to establish
connections - so I have opted against it.

I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem, and was able
to overcome it in a way other then by starting ssh from inetd.

Thank you for your time.